- What is EEBO Interactions?
- Browsing Contributions
- Contributing to an Interaction
- Further Information
- comment upon works and authors in EEBO
- debate issues connected with early printed books
- correct and improve existing attribution and dating information
- highlight and review new scholarship
- ask teaching and research questions
- share knowledge
- analyze texts
- link to related resources on the web and
- interact with other EEBO users around the world
While everyone is welcome to search and read all of the content in EEBO Interactions, only registered EEBO Interactions users can contribute to the site. Automatic registration for EEBO Interactions is open to EEBO users.
Registered users of EEBO Interactions can use messaging software to contact other users of the site. After logging in to EEBO Interactions, users will see two links (Write new message and Messages) in the yellow fin on the right-hand side of the screen, just under the black navigation bar that forms part of the site banner.
There are various different ways to send a message to another user of EEBO Interactions.
- Visit the Contributors display (by clicking the Contributors link in the black navigation bar at the top of each page), click on the user’s name and, on the page that opens, scroll down to the Send this user a message link at the bottom.
- Visit the Contributors display (by clicking the Contributors link in the black navigation bar at the top of each page), click on the user’s name and, on the page that opens, click the yellow Contact tab.
- Click the Write new message link in the yellow fin under the banner and enter the user’s EEBO Interactions Username in the ‘To:’ field.
The EEBO Interactions messaging functionality allows users to contact multiple other users of the service with a single email. Insert a comma between each Username in the ‘To:’ field on the Write new message display.
Users receive notifications from EEBO Interactions each time a message arrives in their EEBO Interactions Inbox (although please note it is possible for users to deactivate this alerting mechanism). Users are also alerted to the presence of unread emails in their EEBO Interactions Inbox each time they log in to the service.
To access your EEBO Interactions Inbox, click the Messages link that appears in the yellow fin under the banner after logging in.
Users of EEBO Interactions are required to enter a valid email address when registering as a user of the site. This email address is not made visible except to privileged users of the site (such as site administrators and editors), and will only be used if the user wishes to receive a new password or other notifications by email.